Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sweet moments

Lucia started learning the violin/fiddle a couple of months ago.  She is learning the Suzuki method and I'm learning along with her.  I LOVE it and she seems to really, really enjoy it too.  Practice so far is fun and not stressful (knock on wood).  Instead of regular, formal recitals, our lovely teacher has the kids perform at an assisted living facility in town.  Seriously, it is the epitome of sweet.  The residents are almost in tears when these kids come.  It is a huge hit there!  The kids can totally choose if they want to play in the group and if they want to do a solo.  If they don't want to play that day, that's totally fine too.  No angst, just fun.  It is, I mean, AWESOME!  Lucia watched at the first one and this time she played in the group and alone. We will be learning our first fiddle song soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment